And Why Should I?
Please note, Classes are only available for teachers to help manage the learning process of their students.
Classes are like folders for students. Each class has:
- A name, e.g Robotics 101
- A description (visible only to the teacher), e.g 8th graders, meats every Monday, 9am.
- An assigned course (there can be only one active course per class)
- Course Progress setting (to control how mission packs unlock for students)
- A class code, for students to self register using "Join class" in the login page
- A class registration link, to share with students (an alternative to the class code)
As students make progress you'll be able to monitor their progress and manage their accounts with ease.
To create a new class simply follow these instructions:
- Go the "Your Classes"
- Open the Classes drop down menu
- Select "+ Add new class"
- Name your class
- Add description (if you like)
- Draw a new class code (if you don't like what we came up with)
- Click Next
- Choose a course to assign from the drop down (you might have only one)
- Choose how packs unlock
- All packs open means all packs are unlocked and available for the students with all their missions
- Pack by pack means students need to complete all missions of a specific pack to unlock the next pack. It will unlock automatically.
- Manual let's you manually choose which packs to lock or unlock. Students will only have access to packs you check.
- Click Next
- Copy the invite link and share with your students
- Copy the class code and share with you're students, they should enter it in CoderZ login page under Join Class
- type in (or paste) all emails of students you want to be invited. We will email the registration link directly. These emails will only be used for sending an invite. Nothing else.
- Click Done