As a teachers using CoderZ, you can control the way students advance through packs within a course, by choosing between four options when assigning a course to each class. Assigning courses to a class is part of the initial process of setting up a class, but these course settings can also be changed later at any time, providing the course is still active.
The course progress options are:
- All Packs Open - allows students to move between packs as they wish, with no restrictions
- Pack by Pack - the next pack will unlock as soon as the current one is completed
- Sequential - the next mission within each pack will unlock as soon as the current one is completed
- Manual - manually open or lock specific packs to suit your students' needs and progress
These settings can also be edited later from the Course Settings wizard. Here's now:
- Navigate to the 'My Classes' tab on the left-hand menu
- Choose your class from the drop-down menu at the top-left corner
- Click the options button at the top-right corner:
- In the pop up which opens, click the 'Edit Courses' tab
- Find the course whose progress type you wish to change, and select your preferred progress type from the drop down menu
*Note: if you choose 'Manual' course progression, you will have to uncheck the specific packs you want to be locked, and re-check them in order to make the pack available to your students at a later date.
- Click 'Save' to save your changes.
Watch a video about the process: