“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
― Mario Andretti
Did you know that you can control the robot manually in simulation?
This is useful for checking sensor values using the HUD, saving you from having to write programs to test them.
- To enable manual control, click the Manual Control button in the Simulation toolbar.
- Once enabled, you can use the arrow keys to drive the robot.
- Hold down the Shift key while pressing arrow keys to drive at turbo speed!
Here are a few things to check if you encounter issues with the Manual Control:
- Some keyboards, mostly on laptops, may have the Numlock activated by default. Turn it off.
- If the Manual Control icon is pressed but the robot still doesn't move, try clicking in the simulation, then use the arrows