Note: this article is relevant for the Cyber Robotics 101 (Legacy) course only. For other courses (Cyber Robotics 102, Adventure with Spike Prime, Python Gym, Code Farm etc.), see Explore Mode / Manual Control.
The Manual Control feature is useful for getting to know the robot's environment, mapping out the mission before starting to code, and checking sensor values in the HUD, saving you from having to write programs to test them.
- To enable manual control, click the Manual Control button in the Simulation toolbar.
- Once enabled, you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to drive the robot, or click on the navigation controls with your mouse
- Hold down the Shift key while pressing arrow keys to drive at turbo speed!
While in Manual Control, there are also several keyboard shortcuts for various actions the robots can perform.
|U||Toggle the ultrasonic sensor's beam on/off|
|C||Toggle the color sensor's beam on/off|
|T||Turn the trail drawer on/off|
|>||Raise the arm|
|<||Lower the arm|
Here are a few things to check if you encounter issues with the Manual Control:
- Some keyboards, mostly on laptops, may have the Numlock activated by default. Turn it off.
- If the Manual Control icon is pressed but the robot still doesn't move, try clicking in the simulation, then use the arrows